Thread: Expanding Dedicated Servers

Expanding Dedicated Servers

Expansion of web hosting companies on rented servers can be expensive. The other option is go for placing own servers in data centers. These days I am wondering if colocation is simpler for a small / medium scale web hosting company. I have been trying, yet have not been able to figure out on how to go about managing colocation from / to distant locations. Like I sitting in one country, buying and placing hardware in other country and if one leaves all of it to data centers, the related cost gets more than reneted server at a particular level.

Hi,

To expand, it will be better to have your own servers in data center, then expand to have more servers when you grow. It will be cheaper until you can afford a datacenter or few racks yourself. Hope this helps!
    APC Hosting
    http://www.apc.sg

Thanks jackson.
    I am looking for a simplest possible, step by step guide on how to go about placing own server in a data center. Probably it gets down to what is called as collocation?

Hi,

Co-location is a type of data center where equipment space and bandwidth are available for rental and retail customers.
    Florida
    APC Hosting
    sales@apc.sg

Quote Originally Posted by Florida View Post
    Hi,

Co-location is a type of data center where equipment space and bandwidth are available for rental and retail customers.
    Any ideas on some data center with good offers in this regards. Mostly I do see offers of racks but rarely I find equipment mentioned in there.
    Regards

Hi,

Such Data Center can come in a very wide range of sizes, levels of quality in infrastructure, power configurations, backup power options, physical space / building layout and construction, cabinet / rack configurations, cable management systems including raise flooring, air conditioning systems, security systems and parking. Most data center colocation services offer 24 hour-a-day management and monitoring. You can find on google for the list of data center in Singapore.

We also provide the co-location service and kindly check on our co-location page http://www.apc.sg/singapore-colocation.php for more information.

I hope this information will help.
    Last edited by Florida; 10-04-14 at 03:10 PM.
    Florida
    APC Hosting
    sales@apc.sg

Co location is one option. I have also added a post on about low cost dedicated server providers for your contribution. This can be yet another way towards expansion.
    http://www.webhostingtalk.sg/threads...rver-Providers

Some providers also allow buydown of equipment so as to reduce your monthly cost. You can consider this as well.
    Last edited by Centaurus; 24-05-14 at 02:41 AM.

Could you name some of such providers?